Duhok Governorate, Kurdistan (Iraq)
KIND OF INTERVENTION
The project was developed in collaboration with GIZ and Duhok Directorate General of Health.
1,102,750 Euros were provided in order to hire health workers who will provide first aid and training for health and hygiene prevention to the most vulnerable groups of displaced persons and refugees in the camps and in the hosting community of Sharya, Kabarto 1 and 2, Domiz 1 and 2, Qadyea, Darkar, Bajid kandala 1 and 2.
1. Preparation of information material on first aid, non-communicable diseases and disabilities;
2. CV screening and selection, in collaboration with BRHA, camps managers and Duhok DGoH staff;
3. Training on first aid and health care: education of 500 IDPs, Syrian refugees and members of host communities, that will disseminate the knowledge gained within their own communities;
4. Training of 25 supervisors to monitor and support 500 CHW (Community Health Worker );
5. First aid kit and emergency supply bags to CHW;
6. Tent by tent visits, aimed at providing essential health information and services available within the camps