KIND OF INTERVENTION
The project was developed in collaboration with the University of Sassari
Objective: contribute to enhance the capacity of the Kurd Health National System to respond to the mother and child health demands; particular emphasis is given to complications of pregnancy and neonatal hereditary and congenital diseases; the projects is transferring competencies to the local personnel and strengthen the capacities of the Health Directorates of Duhok, Sulimanya and Erbil in planning the activities and in allocating resources.
The project’s activities are still ongoing (III Phase)
These are the main activities carried on:
· Two experts in long mission; they offer the authorities technical assistance in health planning and resource allocation;
· Short mission of experts to offer technical assistance in upgrading / introducing clinical and managerial competences; they also participate in the selection of the candidates who are benefitting of stages in Italy.
· Organization of educational pathways in pediatrics, hematology, plastic surgery; clinical protocols were adjourned/introduced, as well as SoPs to enhance the effectiveness of the services offered.
· Elaboration of a 5 year health system development plan.
· Elaboration of bid documentsto commit civil works (construction/rehabilitation of health structures).
. Elaboration of a pilot project to build and equip a First Level Health Center.