KIND OF INTERVENTION
The project was developed in collaboration with the University of Sassari
Objective: contribute to improve the health of the population of the Autonomous Region of Kurdistan in the context of the war going on in Mosul and Nineveh area.
The project activities are still ongoing (January – October 2015)
Financed by MAECI: € 873.708
The project aims to strengthen the capacities of prevention, early diagnosis and treatment of Duhok Health authorities to face the increased work load due the migration process of populations escaping from the war.
These are the results that the project wants to achieve:
1. Enhancethe capacities of prevention, early diagnosis and treatment to reduce morbidity and mortality of children; emphasis is given to fight hematologic diseases through technical assistance of experts and the organization of stages at San Raffaele Hospital in Milan benefitting Kurd professionals. The project provides drugs, consumables and small equipment to facilitate the training activities.
2. Improve the quality of blood transfusions, working on clinical and management protocols of the local Blood Bank; this result is achieved through technical assistance and the organization of stages at the Blood Bank Unit of San Raffaele Hospital in Milan. The project also supplies small instruments and reagents to support training activities
3. Enhance the health system’s capacities to evaluate medical emergencies through the triage methodology and in referring the patients to proper treatment centers for definitive care. Technical assistance of experts in Medical Emergency Service is offered to tune / introduce proper procedures in assisting the patients so that they may be granted maximum safety measures.
4. Improve the capacities of health authorities in planning, organizing and allocating resources with a particular focus on the Children’s Hospital.
5. Equip and organize workshops for the maintenance and repair of ambulances