AMBASCIATA ITALIANA A BAGHDAD: 230.000 €
Domiz e Kankhe, Kurdistan
KIND OF INTERVENTION
Objective: contribute to improve the Health System of Duhok in answering to the increased demands of health services due to the recent migration of populations from to the Syrian and Mosul / Nineveh areas.
The project wants to contribute to improve the health status of the most vulnerable groups of people hosted in Domiz refugee camp and Khankhe IDPs camp.
Special attention is given to preserve the reproductive health and the protection of vulnerable groups such as the disabled and people with chronic diseases. The activities are organized according to the needs identified at the community level. Health operators are trained refugees and IDPs who work in synergy with the Health Directorate personnel.
The Main activities are:
· Realization and use of a questionnaire to map the needs of the target groups: women in fertile age, pregnant women, and children under 5 years of age, as well as invalid and disabled people.
· The community health operators, having received the green light by the Camp Management, perform screening tests in each tent to identify people in need of assistance.
· Health equipment, is purchased,if missing, to offer health services based on reproductive needs
· The services offered include: prenatal clinic, health education, early diagnosis of health problems and patient referral to second level health structures.
· Programming patients’ follow-upvisits and organizational aspects regarding their transfer to and from hospitals
· Health education activities at the community level are organized according to the needs highlighted by the questionnaires.
· The results obtained from the analysis of the reports are distributed to all the social and health operators (local Authorities, Un Agencies, NGOs) because it provides useful information to plan and coordinate interventions in favor of the vulnerable groups.
· Health instruments, devices, drugs and disposablesare purchased, when needed, in this project.