Western Bahr el Ghazal, South Sudan
Strengthen 8 peripheral health centers in Bussere, Taban, Gaitan, Mboro, Bringi, Bagari, Jebel Khair, New Site PHCU, and local communities, with special emphasis on the most vulnerable groups, in managing the Covid-19 emergency and improving health care delivery regarding the prevention, treatment, and management of communicable diseases that are one of the causes of malnutrition in children under 5 and women of childbearing age.
- Supporting staff in the 8 health centers to cope with the Covid-19 emergency and prevent its spread.
- Provision of personal protective equipment and hygiene materials.
- Community-wide dissemination and awareness raising on prevention procedures and hygiene standards.
- Survey to collect relevant data and information on health conditions and through anthropometric survey on nutritional conditions of the population in the target area, with special emphasis on gender and disability issues.
- Light and urgent rehabilitation for 8 health centers.
- Support to staff of 8 health centers to provide qualitative assistance to beneficiaries on prevention, treatment, and management of all communicable diseases that are one of the most important causes of malnutrition, with special focus on the vulnerable group children under 5 years old and women of childbearing age in collaboration with the government program integration of vitamin A distribution and deworming.
- Provision of drugs and medical supplies.
- Dissemination and awareness on prevention and transmission of common diseases in order to prevent malnutrition condition.