Wau, South Sudan
KIND OF INTERVENTION
- General objective: Contribute to improved access to healthcare services with an upgraded capacity of assistance for the population of South Sudan, also to prevent migration flows out of the country and improve the living conditions of internally displaced persons.
- Specific objective: Expand and improve some services of the Comboni Hospital in Wau that are considered priorities by local health authorities and by hospital management: polyclinic services, maternal and child health services, maintenance and supervision/management.
- Provide technical assistance and training of local nursing, obstetrics and gynecology staff; supply equipment, medicine, consumables and non-medical materials;
- sponsorship of 7 nursing scholarships and 4 obstetric scholarships;
- provide technical assistance for the organization of the Clinical Engineering Service and for the training of local personnel in equipment and systems maintenance;
- launch a laboratory for equipment and systems maintenance;
- elaborate Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and consolidation of the maintenance service;
- develop a five-year strategic plan for structural and organizational/functional development of the hospital