AICS (Italian Agency for Development Cooperation)
Promote and increase access to basic health services aimed at breast and cervical cancer prevention by improving the services offered, the theoretical and practical skills of health workers and the community’s awareness on the topic.
- Two weeks of specific training on the use and reading of the digital mammogram for 20 operators (radiologists, radiology technicians and medical doctors).
- Workshop for medical doctors on breast cancer prevention and self-examination.
- A mammography screening campaign for breast cancer prevention.
- A health promotion campaign aimed at the local community for the prevention of breast cancer.
- Maintenance and adaptation of mammography screening room.
- Two weeks of specific training on the conduct of Pap smear cytological examinations for 15 laboratory workers.
- Three days of specific training to health care workers on correct Pap test swab collection procedures.
- Workshop for medical doctors on cervical cancer prevention.
- A screening campaign for cervical cancer prevention.
- A health promotion campaign aimed at the local community for cervical cancer prevention.