Kassala – SUDAN
KIND OF INTERVENTION
Strengthening teaching and research in the field of communicable diseases at the University of Kassala
- technical assistance (including training activities) on site by skilled Italian staff. The experts will provide assistance mainly to the laboratory of the Teaching Hospital, but if necessary also to those of AHS and the University of Kassala. In particular, microbiological diagnostic methods, immunological and molecular, will be improved in order to align them with international standards
- supply of equipment and laboratory instruments to develop diagnostic methods referred to above
- sponsorship for participation in the course of molecular methods organized by the project at the University of Khartoum, for the teachers of the Faculty of Medicine of Kassala.
- developing protocols for quality assurance in the university laboratory and in the General Hospital laboratory, the apprenticeship for college students.
Improving teaching offer at the Academy of Health Science of Kassala
- technical assistance (including training activities) on site by skilled Italian staff.
- organization of a training course for Laboratory Assistant
- organization of a training course for Laboratory Technicians
Improving capabilities in molecular diagnostics University in Khartoum and the Mycetoma Centre in Khartoum
- technical assistance (including training activities) on site by skilled Italian staff in molecular methods
- supply of equipment and laboratory instruments to develop the method of points above
- organization of a period of professional training at hospitals / Italian universities for two teachers (2 people for 2 months / year)
- developing lines of research applied to obtain epidemiological data, particularly on the incidence of mycetoma, with the development of molecular diagnostics in collaboration with the International Mycetoma Center in Khartoum.
Improved ability of the Teaching Hospital laboratory services
- introduction / refinement of laboratory techniques
- supply of equipment
- support for the operation of services
- supply of materials, guidelines and protocols for the strengthening / introducing innovative laboratory methods
- introduction of quality control protocols