Kassala – SUDAN
KIND OF INTERVENTION
This project is developed in cooperation with University of Sassari
- Strengthening teaching and research in the field of communicable diseases at the University of Kassala
- Improving teaching offer at the Academy of Health Science of Kassala
- Improving capabilities in molecular diagnostics University in Khartoum and the Mycetoma Centre in Khartoum
- Improved ability of the Teaching Hospital laboratory services
- technical assistance (including training activities) on-site by skilled Italian staff. The experts provide assistance mainly to the laboratory of the Teaching Hospital, and when necessary to AHS and the University of Kassala. In particular, microbiological diagnostic methods, both immunological and molecular, are improved to align with international standards.
- supply equipment and laboratory instruments to develop the diagnostic methods referred to above
- sponsorship for teachers in the Faculty of Medicine of Kassala to participate in a course on molecular methods organized as part of the project at the University of Khartoum
- developing protocols for quality assurance in the University and General Hospital laboratories, apprenticeship for college students.
- technical assistance (including training activities) on-site by skilled Italian staff.
- organization of a training course for Laboratory Assistant
- organization of a training course for Laboratory Technicians
- technical assistance (including training activities) on-site by skilled Italian staff in molecular methods
- supply of equipment and laboratory instruments
- organization of a period of professional training at hospitals / Italian universities for two teachers (2 people for 2 months / year)
- developing lines of research to obtain epidemiological data, particularly on instances of mycetoma, with the development of molecular diagnostics in collaboration with the International Mycetoma Center in Khartoum.
- introduction / refinement of laboratory techniques
- supply of equipment
- support for the operation of services
- supply of materials, guidelines and protocols for the strengthening / introducing innovative laboratory methods
- introduction of quality control protocols