AICS (Italian Agency for Development Cooperation)
University of Sassari, Department of Biotechnologies
Strengthening of the network of laboratories in Kassala and in particular the laboratories of the “Kassala Health Citadel” with particular regard to the Diagnostic Lab and the Blood Bank and the laboratories connected to them.
- Mapping of existing and functioning laboratory facilities.
- Supply of laboratory equipment and instrumentation, including consumables and reagents
- Small maintenance interventions to laboratories
- Technical assistance on site (with particular regard to the Diagnostic Lab) by Italian expert staff for the implementation of training activities.
- Provision of educational materials and equipment and guidelines for the introduction/refinement of laboratory methods.
- Organization of both theoretical and practical courses to be held at the training facilities of Kassala and Khartoum State.
- Provision of scholarships for the individual training of specialized laboratory staff already operating (doctors, biologists and technicians) in Italy and Khartoum.
- Technical assistance and distance learning (conference calls and interactive lectures) and coaching for qualified personnel on coordination activities
- Development/definition of protocols related to procedures, laboratory instrumentation, analytical methods, quality controls.
- Definition and implementation of research lines.
- Support the drafting and publication of reports/works in specialized journals or other media.
- Identification of equipment to be purchased for arbovirosis control, equipment and reagents.
- Support from specialists in relation to the training of laboratory personnel.