KIND OF INTERVENTION
The aim of the project is the prevention and cure of malnutrition through the creation of a semi-intensive therapy unit for pregnant women, the creation of a nutrition center and training the staff involved in the abovementioned services.
- Creation of a semi-intensive unit and a nutrition center
- Courses for health personnel in the malnutrition sector
- Enhancement of the Teaching Obstetric Hospital services in Port Sudan through the improved rehabilitation of the semi-intensive therapy department and the nutritional department;
- Training on the use of equipment and drafting of 10 procedures;
- Identification of the main criteria for admission to the nutritional department, based on nutritional guidelines for pregnant women and post-partum and updating of medical records;
- Support for nutritional health promotion activities based on the KAP – “Knowledge Attitude and Practice” survey on patients accessing Teaching Obstetric Hospital;
- Training of medical staff to treat nutritional deficiencies;
- Training of health personnel to the best practices for the prevention of the most frequent nutritional problems in the Red Sea state;
- Introduction to the concept of “Filter Area” and “emergency cart” that will be carried out in the months following the end of the project and the opening of the semi-intensive therapy.