Title of the project: The Health of the Ugandan Woman at St. Francis Nsambya Hospital in Kampala – Uganda – III phase
The overall objective of the programme is to improve the health of the female population in Uganda, improving the prevention and the clinical services for diagnosis and treatment of cervical cancer, breast cancer and coriocarcinoma at St. Francis Nsambya Hospital in Kampala.
The programme will develop and enhance the following areas:
• Prevention campaign for population through screening and early diagnosis of cancer in female population and organization of a Congress aimed at the update and exchange among the Ugandan, African and European scientific world.
• Specialized technical assistance, training of local staff and equipment for medical oncology.
• Specialized technical assistance, training of local staff and equipment for surgical oncology.
• Expansion of support services, such as biomedical maintenance service, communication in emergency, whose best feature increases the impact of the interventions described above.
Place of Work: Kampala-UGANDA at St. Raphael of St. Francis NSAMBYA Hospital
- Offer technical assistance and training to local staff (medical and technical) on: pathology tests, diagnosis and reporting
- Collaborate with either local and expatriated medical and technical staff
- Offer training to postgraduate students and other staff if required
- Degree in Medicine/Biology with specialization in Pathology
- Experience in the field of work of at least three years
- Knowledge of Italian and English
- Submit CV in English
- Past experience in Uganda or Sub-Saharan Countries
- Volunteer experiences in African countries
- Communication skills
Period of placement requested: 1 MONTH (Tentative schedule: May 2012)
Contract: Private with flight, insurance coverage and salary according to Ministry of Foreign Affairs guidelines on short missions.
Formal procedure of Selection
CVs received will be selected on the basis of consistency with the required profile. Selected applicants will be invited to a selection interview at the AISPO headquarters (Milan). The costs (transportation and others) in support of candidate’s participation in the selection tests are to be paid by the candidate.
AISPO, Via Olgettina, 58 - 20132 Milano
E.mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Please put as Object: “Application for Prog. n. 160 Uganda – Pathologyst/Biologist”
FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT WEBSITE SESSION: